Monday, April 30, 2018

This is the blog you've been waiting for

Actually, it's more of a revival of a previous blog. I've had a few over the years, and they've chronicled everything from my road trips to updates on my books to the adventures of a deer lawn ornament owned by neighbors who may or may not have been Russian spies. Like so many, though, I fell under the sway of quick and easy social media posting. And who wouldn't? You get out what you want in a handful of words, have fast interactions, and go from there. I fell away from writing complete paragraphs. I started sacrificing punctuation in order to stay under a certain character count.

Now, it's time to bring back the written word. I still love Facebook and Twitter (and occasionally Instagram), but sometimes, you've just got to write a little more in waxing on the intricacies of everyday life. You can't really tell the adventures of a spy deer in 140 characters (or 280 or whatever the word count du jour is now).

I am, after all, a writer. I write. It's what I do.

And so, here we are with a fresh blog to get my thoughts back out there. Let's get this party started.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading more work done by you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!!! I've missed your blogging! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your previous blog meant so much to me when I first found it a couple years back. I was around 14 at the time, staring high school, I just turned 23 now, and it gave me something to look forward to everyday when you posted. It also uplifted me when I was in a writing slump or feeling down. One of my favorite posts is the one where you fell in a slump while working on AVO but then you got back up and you were feeling so badass you quoted Carter from the Georgina Kincaid series. It helped me realize we all feel that way sometimes and we don't have to have it together every single moment of the day. We can fall, but what matters is that we get back up.

    So yay! I'm so excited you're back to blogging. I already bookmarked the website, lol!

    ReplyDelete